Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Blog Has Landed!

Ever since I "came out" as a writer (and more on that in another post!) friends have been telling me that I should have a blog. Here's how those conversations would normally go:

Friend: "Hey, Mish, you should really have a blog."

Me: "Um, no, I really shouldn't."

Friend: "Why not?"

Me: "Because I have nothing to say."

End of conversation. Now, how unwise is it for someone who wants to be a writer to go around telling people, "I have nothing to say"? Pretty darn unwise, I know! Luckily, no one that I said that to actually took me seriously.

And they were right, as it turns out, because once I started reading the blogs of other people, I began to see the fun in it. So, when the time came for me to update my website, I knew that it was also time for me to try my hand at blogging.

And so here we are, with my First Official Blog. (Notice the caps: that's how you know it's important!) And guess what? I have nothing more to say.

Kidding! Just kidding.

So, this blog is called "The Little Things," and it's about just that: the small but important things which make up life. God is in the details, right? It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

I'll be blogging probably once a week to start with, maybe more depending on how things go. I'll probably be changing the quote at the top of the page from time to time. Anyone who knows me will testify to the fact that I can't resist a good quote, and I have a whole page of them about "the little things," so get ready to be quoted at. ;) And if you want to send me any quotes that you find, whether they are about little things or big things or no-things at all, please feel free!

This is kind of an important day, actually, because not only is it the day of my first blog, not only is it the day when I launched My New Website, www.MishaCrews.com (caps again, see?), it's also Mother's Day. So Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. You've got the most important job of all, and I hope you know it!

To end on a beautiful note, below is a picture of my lovely mother. Thanks for reading, everyone! Please leave a comment and let me know how I did. :) Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Misha! Look at blogging as an adventure! :)

    Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! It looks fantastic. You did a great job on this blog site and your website. Everything looks very professional.

    Now the World will be able to see just how good of a writer you are.

    Congrats!

    ~Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kimberlee! :) Yes, I may become addicted before you know it!

    And thanks to you too, Charlie! Your help was invaluable.

    Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberlee's right, it's an adventure. Have fun.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete